Thursday, October 11, 2012

Twitter: In the Classroom

On Monday, June 13, 2011, I came across a video on YouTube that basically became my first step into an amazing journey. The video, "The Twitter Experiment - Twitter in the classroom", shows how Dr. Rankin, professor of History at UT Dallas, uses Twitter to great effect with her students. 

I remember when I first watched this, sitting in my desk chair in amazement. I marvelled at her creativity, ingenuity and ability to engage her students with the content in a way they enjoyed and enhanced their learning and retention. Brilliant. 

Since then, I've been researching, planning and developing ways in which Social Media platforms like Twitter and increasingly ubiquitous devices like the iPhone can create amazing learning opportunities for adults. 

So, come and join me on this incredibly exciting journey! Take a look at where I took my first step....


2 comments:

  1. Polls in the classroom are also extremely useful and also can be used effectively for large group engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that tip, Lisa. I'm definitely going to explore that approach and see how I can integrate it into my delivery.

      Delete